Fri, Oct 13|
Innovations in Laser Dentistry Hands-On Program
Sort the truth from the hype! From clinical and operational advantages, to return on investment considerations, this program clearly explains what you need to know to make an informed decision!
Time & Location
Oct 13, 2023, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Toronto, 595a Trethewey Dr, North York, ON M6M 4B8, Canada
About the event
Gain a wealth of information and sort the truth from the hype with a comprehensive and practical overview of lasers in dentistry including; practical considerations, clinical indications for use, operational, clinical and financial benefits for the dentist, staff and patients and considerations for return on investment. Learn what you need to know to make an informed decision regarding the most versatile devices for dentistry!
Learn more about the benefits for laser dentistry in saving time (soft tissue management), enhancing dental care (advanced healing, increased visibility, bacterial decontamination, reduction in aerosol) as well as the latest innovations in dental laser technology in support of enhanced patient care, improved operational efficiency and profitable practice growth, including;
- minimally invasive soft tissue surgeries for general operative dentistry
- periodontal therapy (hygiene) and surgery
- lasers and implants, periimplantitis & perimucositis treatments
- infant tongue ties release
- a minimally invasive office based alternative for snoring, and
- facial aesthetics as a compliment to aesthetic dentistry
The hands-on segment of the program will give participants an opportunity to experience the functionality of lasers performing surgical procedures on in-vitro models. Live demonstration and video guiding the clinical simulation will incorporate the relevance of settings and technique for optimized clinical outcomes. This interactive experience will also facilitate an open dialogue between participants and one on one with the instructor, comprising clinical & practical considerations for the successful implementation of dental laser technology. Attendees will have the opportunity to perform various clinical procedures, including;
- Different Techniques; for incision/excision, coagulation, disinfection & healing
- Operative Dentistry Including; tissue troughing, fibroma/biopsy, gingivectomy, frenectomy, vestibuloplasty, aphthous ulcers, periodontal therapy, surgical flap procedures, de-epithelialization & more!
- Laser safety considerations, settings, care, sterilization protocols & system maintenance.
- a basic introduction to the science, fundamentals, functionality, operational characteristics, technique, and benefits of dental laser technology including an overview of all wavelengths and the importance of wavelength selection
- a review of the practical benefits of implementing lasers in the dental practice - saving time and reducing stress!
- a basic understanding of the range of clinical indications for use for general and specialty dentistry including minimally invasive soft tissue surgeries for general dentistry
- an overview of current innovations in laser dentistry including; lasers and implants, treatments for peri-mucositis and peri-implantitis, minimally invasive treatments for snoring and minimally invasive facial aesthetics
- an overview of considerations for successful implementation including education, marketing and ROI considerations